What is Euro Sham?
Euro sham, also known as Euro pillow or Euro sham pillow, is one of the simplest ways to dress up your bed. Sit the typically square pillows behind the bed and prop them up against the headboard.
The ornamental pillows have removable covers with an opening on their backside. The pillows are used to augment the looks of your room. The usual size of these European Continent pillows is 26 x 26 inches and 32 x 32 inches.
The literal meaning of the Pillow sham is something that represents a false front. The fabric of the euro shams remains tightly overlapped to these ornamental pillows to trick the beholders.
The pillows are the best choice for those who are inclined towards comfort and embellishment both. Enhance the overall aesthetics of your bedroom to an entirely new level and upgrade its looks.
In this blog, we will read about everything you need to know about euro shams.
Why Euro Shams?
Euro Shams add a sense of style and fullness to your bedding. It is something that you should have in your closet.
Earlier, pillow shams were considered unnecessary because if their high initial cost. But, once the people started using it, they realized how intimidating and comfortable these pillows were. The small investment leaves a great visual impact adding to the interiors and looks of your room.
The fluffiness and decorative look of the pillows add a dramatic appeal to your room.
What are the different uses of Euro Shams?
Apart from adding an aesthetic and dramatic look to your bedroom when placed along the headboard vertically, Euro Sham has various other uses too.
- You can place them against the wall if you don’t have any headboard.
- Euro Pillows might not be of good help while sleeping but they are ultra-comfortable and super handy while reading, having breakfast, or watching TV in the bed.
- As Euro shams are handy, you can use them anywhere in the home. Use them for coffee table dining or as floor pillows for kids.
- If you have large sofas, you can use them as sofa pillows.
- These pillows are an excellent solution to your pet beds.
- Euro shams act as a disguise for non-decorative sleeping pillows. Simply, put off these shams at night, and enjoy a good night's sleep on your regular pillows. It is a decorative facade for the regular night time pillows.
What is the best way to style a Euro Sham?
Euro sham pillows are a wonderful way to accessorize your beds.
The most common strategy revolves around having Euro pillows with shams and matching the case with the duvet cover. In this setup, Shams are placed behind the textured or regular complimentary pillows.
Alternatively, you can match the euro shams with standard pillow covers and match both with the duvet cover.
Tips to consider while buying Euro Sham
Buying Euro sham for the first time is a daunting task. Although the size id universal, numerous other factors should be considered before making the purchase.
- The first thing you need to take care of is the thread count. You will find many fabrics with higher thread count but poor quality. A thread count of 400 is considered ideal for a perfect Euro sham.
- Material is the next thing that needs to be considered. The choice depends on what kind of looks you want. If you have an infatuation for a glamorous look, silk is what you need. Silk shams bestow an intriguing look. On the contrary, cotton euro shams yearn a subtle look.
- There is no point in buying one Euro sham. Buy at least two bright shade pillows because they act as the centerpiece of the room.
- Sometimes price becomes the utmost deciding factor. Never go behind dirt-priced shams. It should be affordable yet durable and credible.
Euro Sham Styling Hacks
Ornamentation is all about striking the right balance. If you are sorted with the right arrangement method of euro shams, you are on the right track.
Apply these few arrangement tricks to get the best results:
- Improve the looks and comfort of the room just like that by throwing feather filled shams on the bed. Never knew that adding a dash of quirkiness can be that easy.
- Shams are the most excellent choice when it comes to beds that don’t have any headboard. Topping the back of the bed with 2-3 Euro beds not only increases its height but gives it a preppy look as well.
- The last thing you need to understand in the combination of colors and patterns. It depends on the interiors and decor of your room. Mix and match pastel shades according to that. Light blue, solid steel, and other hues are known for accentuating the looks.
How to take care of the bedding shams?
Euro shams are your significant treasure that maintains the beauty of your room. These are some essential tips that need to be taken care of:
- Never dip shams in the water along with its filling. Both should be washed separately.
- It is important to choose the right detergent. Harsh chemicals can ruin the fabric of the sham. Use something mild and devoid of strong chemicals.
- Dry the shams under shade. Avoid exposing them under the sunlight especially if it is satin, silk, or 100% cotton.
How Shams are different from cushions?
Although both are decorative pillows yet there is a huge difference both of them:
- Shams go right at the back of the bed and they are often matched with duvet covers or quilts. Shams are not meant for sleeping purposes, just decoration. There are three standard sizes: 20x26 inches, 26x36 inches, and 26x26 inches, out of which the latter is most popular.
- Cushions are front pillows. Use them as pillows or throws, the choice is totally up to you. Cushions are generally square, however, there can be different shapes and sizes.
Invest in quirky Euro shams to bring elegance and prominence in your bedroom.